Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)


I have never REALLY cried in a movie before.  I get a little teary eyed sometimes during emotional parts, depending on how relevant I think the emotion is.  This film changed it all.



I had always been the biggest fan of Saif and Aamir, but then I was finally introduced to Shahrukh Khan.  This man knows how to make me cry, dang it!

This film was recommended to me by a friend when she found out I liked Bollywood.  It was probably one of the only ones she had watched, but that doesn't mean it's less good.  That proves that it is good.  I had some trepidation because Shahrukh was the lead and Saif was also in it, but as the second male lead, and I didn't know how I was going to handle that.  Then Shahrukh made me love him (this almost exactly describes the emotions). That's probably the hardest part of this film.  You totally love both men.  Talk about torn/mixed/confused emotions.  Seriously.

While Hum Tum is still my favorite, this one is probably an equal favorite because it's a seriously good movie.  Seriously as in serious goodness.  Seriously.  It has the BEST music and will make you laugh one minute and cry the next.

It's about a broken family dealing with their father's death, even years after it happened.  Naina (played by the lovely Preity Zinta), struggling with missing her father and having to deal with her mother and grandmother fighting, has turned cynical and grumpy.  Then Aman (Shahrukh) comes, like an angel to make everyone's lives better though his quirky, upbeat attitude.  Then the love triangle mess happens and Shahrukh makes you cry, but there are plenty of laughs too.  The best part of the love triangle business is the bromance between Shahrukh and Saif.  It's almost better than the romance.

Its hard to pick out a best song and dance, since there are so any good ones... like every song and dance, so here goes:

Favorite Song:
Kal Ho Naa Ho

Favorite Song and Dance:
Pretty Woman

Favorite Dance:
Maahi Ve

No comments:

Post a Comment